Tuesday, July 10

My Lucky Day

Despite all indications to the contrary, Monday, July 9th was my lucky day. At 6pm, you could not have convinced me of that in 20,000 words or less. Let me paint the picture for you, which will paint me pathetic and extremely ill prepared but hey, that's ok. Around 5pm I learned that not only did they not have our van fixed and ready to go (they said they did, but somehow forgot to do what we originally made the appointment for) but they don't even know if they will have it fixed today. Major hurdle, since I have to drive Liam to West Virginia tomorrow. Ahh, the stress. So, I'm sitting at Sam's game at 6pm. I have no money for concessions. I have not eaten dinner. Somehow, eating dinner myself when I was feeding the kids slipped my mind, as did the fact that with no money, I would NOT be able to eat at the park. I have no money for concessions and thanks to the unmerciful heat and sun, I have drunk my entire 24oz water before the game even began. Somehow, we lucked into the baseline that faces the aforementioned unmerciful sun. And I have a headache. So, to recap, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I have no money, I'm staring into the sun and nursing a headache...and a friend overhears me telling Katie that if I had my phone purchase to do all over again, I would go the extra mile and get the iPhone. Which he promptly jumped on. An hour into the conversation, I discover that he has already tried to trade phones with several people. All turned him down. Why? Who the heck knows. I suspect the unfair, but very real Apple bias.
You see, I have learned that there are two kinds of people in life. Those who use (and LOVE) Apple products and those who hate Apple products (mostly because they cannot learn how to use them). I will say, for me Apple products  were an acquired taste. And had I not received an iPad from my employers for Christmas a few years ago, I don't know that I ever would have converted. I had an uneducated bias against them, mostly due to their exclusivity. I have since learned that their exclusivity is a safeguard...a moat if you will, that protects me in my happy little Applecastle.
I, did NOT turn him down. I offered up all my phone's quirky behaviors, full disclosure, ya know. And then I told him, I absolutely would LOVE to trade him my Droid3 for his iPhone4. So, after the game, he and his wife and family came over and we called Verizon and got it all straightened out. And here I sit, the proud owner of a 4 month old iPhone, a happy Apple user. Sorry Bobby, I can't help it.
I <3 Apple.

Love you all!

2 comments: